Friday, June 26, 2009

Molly's Money-Saving Digest for July

Molly's Money-Saving Digest this month features how to save money on clothing, landscaping, and decorating. There were several ideas dealing with thrift stores and sewing, and hints on how to build a classic wardrobe on a budget. My favorite section was "Parenting that Pays." It focused on gratitude and teaching that trait to our children. I think that is especially important when money is tight and our initial response may be to complain or focus on the problems instead of the blessings. Molly's digests are a great resource for families new to the frugal lifestyle. It is helpful to glean ideas from other frugal moms and to know you are not the only one pinching pennies.

I've also found that when I regularly read something about saving and taking care of finances, it keeps my focus on that aspect of my life and helps me avoid impulse purchases. I think of it like scripture reading. When I keep the Lord in my life everyday, my spiritual body is nourished and spiritual things are at the front of my mind. While finances are not as essential in the eternal perspective, they are important temporally and keeping my priorities straight is a blessing to my family.

Molly's digest can be purchased as a e-book through The Old Schoolhouse Magazine.

No comments: