Thursday, March 18, 2010

Farraday Road and Swope's Ridge


I just finished two of the best suspense, murder mystery books I have read in a long time! Farraday Road and Swope's Ridge by Ace Collins. Both books combine a modern murder mystery with historic events like World War 2 and September 11th. I received these books to review awhile ago and didn't realize they were a set. I started Farraday Road while I was in the hospital waiting for Lincoln to recover from RSV. This is one of those books you can't put down, and I finished it at 2 in the morning. I loved the story in Farraday Road, but was frustrated with the ending. . . . until I realized I had a 2nd book! You will want to buy both books because I guarantee that once you finish Farraday Road, you'll want to keep going!

Swope's Ridge was just as engaging and well-written, and I ended up staying up late to finish that one as well. Another wonderful thing about these books is that they are completely clean and free of the junk often found in mystery novels!

These books as a set are fabulous and I think they would make a great movie someday, especially if you like ones like "National Treasure." Buy both and you won't be disappointed, buy one and you'll be wanting more.

No comments: