Sunday, April 19, 2009

His Name is Jesus by Max Lucado

Max Lucado has a gift for bringing the gospel to life! "His Name is Jesus" takes you on a stroll through the Saviors life, with stories taken from the scriptures, poetry, and commentary. My first reaction when opening this book was WOW!!! It is a beautiful, gift quality book, with a hard-cover slipcase for protection. The artwork and images of nature are a wonderful compliment to the text and bring a peaceful feel to the book. The text is inspiring and thought-provoking, a compilation of Lucado's past writings and new reflections on the Savior's life. There were several times I was tempted to reach for a highlighter or add notes in the margin, but felt the book was too nice to "mark up."

This book was a nice starting point for my bible study and devotional time each day as I reflected on a few pages and read the associated scriptures and cross-referenced them with my King James version. I plan to read through this book with my children, one story or segment at a time, and would recommend it to others.



I am a part of Thomas Nelson’s Book Review Blogger program. You can get more information here.

No comments: