Monday, November 10, 2008

Help Me to Teach

Help Me to Teach (http://www.helpme2teach.com/) is a subscription website for homeschooling parents, or other teachers, who would like a very comprehensive list of the websites. I felt like I was being given a very organized, experienced homeschool mom's favorites or bookmarks. Many of the sites were ones I have bookmarked in my own, mile long list. I just don't have them neatly organized and easy to sort through. There were also a lot of interesting sites I've never ran across before. (There are over 2500 links). If you enjoy and are good at internet searches this site might seem like a waste of money, but if you want to have someone do the legwork for you-- especially if you are new to homeschooling, this site would be a bargain. Right now is the owner of the site is offering a great deal of 2 years for the price of 1, $29.95 which makes the overall monthly cost very minimal, only $1.25 per month. (Use discount code TOS).

I've also seen during this review process how willing and even eager the owners of the site are to make it very user friendly and to fill in categories that are user suggested with great links. There is a lot of stuff already there, and they are constantly expanding and adding more categories and resources. Each link is also coded Primary, Elementary Student, Secondary Student, or Teacher, which makes it easy to find what you need. I found it easier to just browse through the categories listed than try to do a search. I would also be comfortable turning an older student loose to work through the sites.

No comments: