Monday, November 17, 2008

Homeschool Library Builder

If you love browsing used book stores, I have a website you'll love: http://www.hslibrarybuilder.com/index.php

They have books for as low as $1 and lots that are 75% off the new price. It is a great way to build your home library without growing broke. However, if you are like me, and books are your weakness, beware, you may end up needing another bookshelf. :) I love good books and while we use the library A LOT, I think it is important to have lots of good books available to just pick up and read.

I tend to take the booklists from Sonlight, Winterpromise, Veritas Press, and LOGOS and then add in my own favorites to make our literature list for the year. I used to hate having to read one chapter or part of a book in reading. If the book was good, why couldn't we just read the whole thing? Of course, I loved reading and hopefully all my kids will too.

One other thing that is nice about browsing online is that I can check my book shelves before I order and make sure I'm not getting any duplicates. (Am I the only one who has bought a book I already own?)

No comments: