Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Relationships Book by NavPress

My relationships with my family and friends are my most precious possessions, but it's easy to let the most important things in life slip to the back burner in the midst of the busyness of life. It takes a conscious effort to get things balanced again. "Bringing Jesus into My World Relationships" by Ralph Ennis and others does just that. More than just a book, it's a Bible study, journal, and small group discussion guide.

Published by NavPress this book was enjoyable to read and caused me to reflect on my relationships with my children, my husband, and my friends. This isn't a book to be rushed through, but rather one to read slowly and savor. I enjoyed reading one short section with my morning devotional and thinking about it throughout the day.

"Bring Jesus into My World Relationships" uses the New International Version of the Bible (NIV) and I prefer the King James Version, so I often pulled out my Bible and read both versions of the listed scriptures-- which led to some additional great insights.

The book can be purchased for only $8.79 from the NavPress website and contains 10 chapters of well selected scriptures and thought-provoking questions. If you want to improve your relationships, the real way, through Jesus Christ and His plan, this book is a good starting point.

No comments: