Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure by Max Lucado


I love Max Lucado and how he presents gospel principles using fun, memorable stories. In this hour long movie, two mosquito brothers are sent on a treasure hunt by their dad. Along the way, they learn that no one is perfect and that it's okay to be different and that it is important to work together. This led to some great conversations with my boys (6 and 8) who have different interests and talents and sometimes have problems with sibling rivalry. My younger kids (2 and 4) also enjoyed the DVD and wanted to watch it over and over. (You can buy it through Amazon.com for $12.55 right now).

The cute, animated characters and fun, lively music were hits with the kids and I loved the message it shared. I loved how the brothers had to work together and learn that God gave them their specific talents for a reason. Skeeter portrays an important message in a way kids will remember. This DVD will be well used at our house!

I am a part of Thomas Nelson’s Book Review Blogger program and I'm happy to be able to share about this wonderful DVD. You can get more information here: http://brb.thomasnelson.com/

No comments: